Cruise into summertime with 7 tips to get that weight in check. Apr 8, 2015
Summertime; such a wonderful time of the year filled with beautiful skies and foliage reminding us to be joyful, BBQ’s filled with long lost friends and family, children excited to see the school year end……but really, there is food EVERYWHERE! If it wasn’t pizza it was buffalo chicken wings. Burgers and fries taunt us. Cookies torture us with their chocolate sweetness.. Laughing in their sweet sugar brains at us knowing we struggle to resist them. Then you played that game with yourself. I can have just 1 sweet treat, then one turned into 2 and 2 into 15. Before you knew it, that little inch you gave yourself turned into 10 miles and you are now in a empty calorie sweet ole coma.
So here are 7 simple tips to have a healthy start the warmer weather and keeping your resolution to achieve that healthy, happy, summer ready body brought to you by the experts at New York Weight Loss:
- You just spent an entire month stressing and worrying about everyone else. Time to distress and detox! After all, stress is one of the biggest toxins for your body. Commit to “you” time. Set daily dates with yourself that you commit to focusing on your goals, which brings us to point 2.
- Figure out your “why”? Why do you want to lose weight? Is it because Grandmas amazing cookies are still dancing around in your tummy and won’t allow you to button those skinny jeans you got for Christmas? Or maybe losing weight is just something you’ve really wanted to do for a while. Set a realistic goal and know your why behind it! Remind yourself of your why when your goal seems far away. It will keep you motivated!
- Avoid foods with sugar. Sugar loves to play games with your body and usually ends up having its way with your figure. If it’s not being utilized as energy by your body, it’s being stored as fat. Not so sweet anymore right?
- Keep a food journal. This will keep you accountable to your goals and really be eye opening as to what your routine with food looks like.
- Meal skippers, this tip is for you. When you skip meals your body gets mad at you. It seriously does. Love your body and stop skipping meals. Food is fuel and your body needs fuel to function and keep you healthy.
- Beware!!! Some foods that say “low fat”, “light” or “diet” can be chemical cocktails that are not very good for you, and cause you to crave sugar. Potentially turning you into a ravenous sugar junkie!
- Drink half your weight in fluid ounces of water every day at minimum. Eat plenty of veggies, fruit, lean proteins and figure out a form of fitness that makes you happy! Working out doesn’t have to be a chore. Or just something you do because you have to. Find something you really enjoy that gets your muscles working and become an enthusiast!
Be mindful and stay positive. You can achieve your post-holiday weight loss or weight management goals. Just remember, only you can choose to make the rest of your life the best of your life!